Friday, June 29, 2012

We arrived safely and got a big surprise!

After a really long long plane ride, we finally arrived in India. We were picked up at the airport by a driver from the hotel and made the 40 min drive through a crazy busy city. We got settled in and took a nap. We were awoken by my social worker asking if I wanted to go and get Meena today! Of course I said yes and within an hour and a half I was at the orphanage meeting my new daughter!!! What an exciting and pleasant surprise. It took some assuring on my social workers part assuring them that I did not need someone from the orphanage to come with me. After an hour and a half we were on the road with Meena. Her eyes were wide open and she didn't even want to hug her caretakers good bye! She clung to me with all her might! We came back to the hotel, played with some books and sign cards. she has already signed 8 words independently! It has been amazing to see how smart she is! What she doesn't know how to tell you, she gestures. Her caretakers seemed to really care about the children and the children that I met were very social. I am very happy with how the bonding process is going! I am trying to get her to sleep now. She just keeps looking around and loves her new soft blankie. Please continue to pray for the next few days to be a great experience for both Meena and myself. Also, please pray that Connor continues to be strong with me gone. He has had some rough nights and it breaks my heart to see him cry at night. My parents seem to be hanging in there, but I am sure my dad could use some extra prayer for patience with Connor. He has been going to day camp during the day so that keeps him busy and makes him tired at the end of the day! I will blog more tomorrow and send some pics. It is rough getting your body used to all the time changes and the long plane rides. I am tired and need to shut off the light so Meena will go to sleep. Lots to be thankful for and feeling very blessed.........Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Glad you arrived safely; we are praying for you all! Ruth & Paul

    ReplyDelete