Friday, June 1, 2012

Fantastic Friday!!!!

Well, Fridays seem to be a good day in my world of adoption. The agency called and said my paperwork had arrived from the Indian lawyer. They sent it overnight and should arrive tomorrow by 10:30 AM. I need to get 4 more copies of my passport photo, sign the papers, get them notarized and back in the mail. All this needs to be done before the banks and FedEx close tomorrow! Please pray that I receive the package early enough to be able to get it all done! The agency wants to be able to check everything and get it sent right back to India on Monday. After this paperwork is received, the court date will be assigned. It may be in June but most likely in July or August-since the courts close down for several weeks in June(go figure!!!). This trip will be a quick one, only 3 days in country. I will get to be with Meena for about 2 days. One day at the orphanage and the second at court. Sounds like it will be a long day! She said to bring lots of snacks for Meena:) I will fly back home on the third day. Due to Indian Visa laws, you are not allowed back into the country for 2 months!!!!! Yes, I looked it up and saw it in black and white. So, it will definitely be the fall before I can go back to bring her home:( This trip will be longer-about 7 days-and mostly spent in Delhi. Even though I am sad that it is taking so long, it is nice to have the end in sight. I can't wait to hold my little girl........

No comments:

Post a Comment